Annuities can be a big part of retirement strategy. An annuity is a fixed sum of money paid out, giving steady source of steady income as long as you live. Annuities are also designed to help you grow and protect your retirement assets.
Types of Annuities
- Fixed Annuities
- Deferred Annuities
- Variable Annuities
- Indexed Annuities
- Income Annuities
- Single Premium Immediate Annuity
Benefits of Annuities
- Receive tax-deferred growth and compounding within the annuity contract
- Guaranteed rates of return on investment
- Guaranteed lifetime payments if you annuitize
Withdraws are subject to ordinary income tax and if taken prior to age 59 ½ may be subject to a 10% federal tax penalty.
IRAs are investment products and strategies to help you secure your retirement. The main advantage of an IRA is that you defer paying taxes on the earnings and growth of your savings until you actually withdraw the money.
Types of IRAs
- Traditional IRA
- Roth IRA
- Spousal IRA
- Rollover IRA
- Stretch IRA
Benefits of IRAs
- Tax-deferred strategies
- Flexibility to invest in a range of financial products